The Coach House
The Coach House – Sleeps 4. Luxury 4 star ‘gold’ Peak District Holiday Cottage
The Coach House Cottage has a lovely ‘open plan’ feel and is all on the ground floor. It looks out across the pretty courtyard and has two double bedrooms, sleeps 4. ‘Our own Peak District Private Park‘.
All Ground Floor (no stairs)
The Coach House Cottage would have been awarded Visit Britain 5 star status but has no bath. However, we are happy to inform you that it does have two en-suite luxury showers instead!
The Coach House Cottage is all on the ground floor and sleeps up to 4 adults and is fully centrally heated with an efficient gas combination boiler.
The main entrance leads from the courtyard through a Georgian style stable door and into a flagstone hallway. This in turn opens up into a spacious open-plan kitchen area with sitting room at the far end.
Kitchen and sitting room is a large very light living area combining traditional country comforts with modern 21st century luxuries. The whole area has a flagstone floor, tastefully complimented with rugs and a raised hearth with wood-burner stove. It has a fully equipped modern kitchen with both gas and electric appliances. The white Shaker style kitchen units have black worktops creating amply storage space to house an array of cooking utensils to assist the most innovative cook’s needs. An antique pine farmhouse table and chairs sit next to huge French windows looking out onto the pretty courtyard. The sitting room is furnished with soft-leather Queen Anne style chairs around a pine coffee table creating a relaxing ambience. A large Georgian style window is situated at the far end of the room giving stunning westerly views across open farmland in the Peak Districts’ National Park.
The Master Bedroom (10) with en-suite bathroom
The master bedroom (10) is a large double room with three westerly windows overlooking the top end of the courtyard and onto the ornate granite water feature which is surrounded by clusters of red and yellow fragrant roses. It has a double cast iron bed and luxury en-suite shower facilities.
Bedroom 11 with en-suite bathroom
Bedroom 11 is a twin-bedded roomand furnished with two 3’ single divan beds and has it’s own luxury en-suite bathroom.
Spacious enclosed courtyard setting enveloped with an abundance of stone troughs planted with a mass of colourful and fragrant shrubs. There is a central ornate granite water feature surrounded by clusters of red and yellow fragrant roses. South and westerly Peak District views, and blue stone pavia terraced area furnished with comfortable hard-wood garden furniture. Stunning elevated views across rolling open farmland bordered with the traditional Peak District stone walling giving a pretty patchwork quilt effect. Ample secure and private parking areas which have well lit dawn to dusk night lighting; to enable you to take full advantage and enjoy that late night stroll in ‘your own Peak District Private Park‘.
Access Statement - The Coach House
Our Farmhouse and two Holiday Cottages are set in peaceful countryside in the midst of the Peak District National Park. We offer three individual self catering holiday cottages which can be occupied separately or taken together on an exclusive group booking. The main Farmhouse (Sleeps 14), adjoining Horseshoe Cottage (Sleeps6) and adjacent Coach House (Sleeps 4) all date back to the 18th century and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. We are located on a hill and have some rooms at different levels. There are two steps from the car park area into the courtyard setting and between some rooms. It is with regret that none of our cottages are ideally suitable for wheelchair users; due to some doorways being narrow and so would not be appropriate.
- We are located at the end of a rural green lane which leads only to Uppermoor Farm. The farm is approached over a cattle grid. Our location is peaceful and fairly remote and not ideally suited to those travelling without a car.
- The nearest shop is approximately 1.5 miles away in the nearby village of Parwich (Tel: 01335 390212).
- There is very limited daily bus services, mainly into Ashbourne only, and the bus stop is outside the village Pub (The Sycamore Inn) which serves as the village shop too.
- The nearest railway station is Derby or Chesterfield both approximately 20 miles away. Taxis are usually available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- There nearest taxi service is Ashbourne Taxis (Tel: 01335 345198) which is 8 miles away..
- We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
- Our website www.uppermoorfarmcottages.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
- You can contact us by e-mail or telephone. Please see the “Contact Information” section of this document for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that our House-Keepers can welcome you and show you in.
- To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 4.30pm. Earlier arrival may, however, be possible by arrangement.
- There is ample parking on the tarmac drive in front of the main courtyard, with dawn to dusk security lighting.
- This is a sheltered enclosed area with two steps each 20cm high leading onto the gravelled and paved area prior to reaching the main entrances of both The Farmhouse and The Coach House
- The paths are 120cm wide and 20 metres long to the Farmhouse front door with an additional step of 14cm high half way along. The path is 10 metres long to the Coach House main entrance with a further two steps each being 20cm high.
Additional Rear Car Park
- There is ample parking on the tarmac or concrete surfaces.
- This is for access to Horseshoe Cottage or the rear of the Farmhouse property
- A sloping gravel pathway leads onto a gravel rear terrace and the main entrance to Horseshoe and the Farmhouse rear entrance doors.
The Coach House Entrance
- The path in the courtyard is 10 metres long to the Coach House main entrance with a further two steps each being 20cm high. There is no threshold into the French Doors./ main entrance door
All Ground Floor – Open plan Kitchen/Breakfast Room/Sitting Room, and 2 bedrooms with en-suites.
- The Kitchen French doors are 92cm wide and open into the open plan living area, which has a flag stoned floor with scatter rugs.
- Stainless steel sink and worktops heights are 94cm in Kitchen with cupboards under.
- Evenly lit kitchen with Two chandelier ceiling lights and spotlights under wall cupboards.
- Electric cooker and LPG hob, with lowest shelf height 46 cm.
- The Coach House is centrally heated throughout with LPG Gas radiators and a wood burner in the Sitting room..
- Large basket full of logs supplied complimentary.
Two Bedrooms (Sleeps 4):
- There are two steps each 16cm high to access the hallway approaching the bedrooms. The hallwlay is 90cm wide and has flag stone flooring with two scatter rugs..
- Bedroom 2 doorway is 74cm wide and contains two 3’ divan beds, and is fully carpeted with a fitted wardrobes and bedside cabinets. A doorway 73cm wide leads into the en-suite bathroom which has a fully tiled shower cubicle and ceramic tiled floor. The low level WC is 40cm high.
- There is one step 15cm high approaching the Master Bedroom and the doorway is 74cm wide. This room has a double wrought iron bed, bedside cabinets and a fitted wardrobe. A doorway 73cm wide leads into the en-suite bathroom which has a fully tiled shower cubicle and ceramic tiled floor. The low level WC is 40cm high.
- Bedroom temperatures can be individually adjusted on the LPG fired radiators.
- We provide a hair dryer, torch, and radio alarm..
- Our beds are made with hypo-allergenic microfiber duvets and pillows.
- We provide luxury white bathrobes for use during your stay.
- There is plenty of hanging space with each room having its own fitted wardrobe and 10 wooden coat hangers.
Garden and Terrace areas:
- Access to the Courtyard garden is via the main kitchen door, on a pathway with two steps down each step being 18cm drop.
- A rear blue pavia terrace is immediately outside the kitchen area with a round wooden table and 4 garden chairs and BBQ.
- There is no separate laundry but The Coach House has its own standard size washing/drying facilities, which is front loading, provided in the kitchen area.
Farm and Woodland:
- You are welcome to walk over the farm, please close any gate behind you. Some of the walking can be over steep terrain, but there is direct access from the farm to a footpath taking you into the village of Parwich, or alternatively to join Cobblersnook Lane which in turn joins up with the High Peak Trail.
- There is a fire blanket in the kitchen area of all our properties and smoke alarms on the landing and hallway of each.
- In the event of a fire the alarm will sound. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- The building can be evacuated via any of the exit doors..
- We do not permit any smoking in any of the holiday cottages, but feel free to smoke outside. Please refrain from throwing cigarette butts onto the garden or terraced areas.
- Mobile phone reception is usually good.
- Wi-Fi Access in all holiday accommodation.
- Address: Uppermoor Farm, Parwich, Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 1QF
- Telephone number: is 01335 390781 ~ Jan Hammond.
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- We are open all year.
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.