Horseshoe Cottage – Sleeps 6
Horseshoe Cottage – sleeps 6. Luxury 5 Star ‘Gold’ Peak District Holiday Cottage
Horseshoe Cottage has a cosy country feel and nestles in the corner of the pretty courtyard setting. It can sleep six comfortably in two double bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The fully centrally heated and spacious cottage has two double bedrooms and sleeps 6 adults. The accommodation is over two floors and provides the following:
Entrance Lobby and Downstairs Cloakroom: Leading through a Georgian style stable door onto a fully tiled floor. Facility for hanging outdoor coats and walking boots. Ground floor cloakroom to include a shower.
The Kitchen – Breakfast Room
The kitchen and breakfast room is a large, very light area having the benefit of two windows overlooking the rear aspect of the property. It has a fully equipped modern kitchen combining traditional country comforts with modern 21st century luxuries. It benefits from numerous electric appliances to include, a dishwasher, washing/drying machine, integral fridge and separate freezer. The white Shaker style kitchen units have black worktops creating ample storage space for the most creative cooking. The breakfast end is furnished with a circular antique pine farmhouse table and comfortable farmhouse kitchen chairs.
The Sitting Room
The sitting room has retained much of its original character and has a feature inglenook type fireplace with a wood-burner stove. It has been tastefully furnished with a deep-seated sofa and chairs and an antique pine settle, with scatter cushions. An open-plan oak staircase leads off to the first floor.
Bedroom 9 (Now Bedroom 3)
Bedroom 3 Is a light and spacious ground floor room with exposed beams giving the option of a 6’ super king size double bed or two 3’ single divan beds. This bedroom has the benefit of the adjoining ground floor Cloakroom/shower room.
The Master Bedroom 7 (Now Bedroom 1)
The master bedroom is is a pretty room with an old Victorian fire grate. It has a double cast iron bed and direct en-suite access to the main family luxury bathroom. There are two south facing windows overlooking the courtyard with enviable far-reaching views of the surrounding Peak District National Park.
The Family Bathroom
The family bathroom is a luxury fully tiled bathroom, with a separate door accessed from the landing, providing a large bath with shower above.
Bedroom 8 (Now Bedroom 2)
Is a light and airy twin bedded room furnished with two pine 3′ single beds and has adjacent access to the family bathroom via the landing.
Landscaped garden forming a bank area planted with a variety of pretty evergreens and seasonal flowering shrubs. Private flagstone terrace area complete with comfortable wooden garden furniture and chairs. Ample secure and private parking areas which have well lit dawn to dusk night lighting; to enable you to take full advantage and enjoy that late night stroll in ‘your own Peak District Private Park‘.
Access Statement - Horseshoe Cottage
Our Farmhouse, Horseshoe Cottage and adjacent Coach House are set in peaceful countryside in the midst of the Peak District National Park. We offer three large group self catering holiday accommodation which can be occupied “Exclusively Yours” or the smaller Farmhouse & Annexe option. The main Farmhouse (Sleeps 14), the adjoining Horseshoe Cottages (Sleeps 6) and adjacent Coach House (Sleeps 4) all date back to the 18th century and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. We are located on a hill and have some rooms at different levels. There are two steps from the car park area into the courtyard setting and between some rooms. It is with regret that none of our cottages are ideally suitable for wheelchair users; due to some doorways being narrow and so would not be appropriate.
Pre-Arrival We are located at the end of a rural green lane which leads only to Uppermoor Farm. The farm is approached over a cattle grid. Our location is peaceful and fairly remote and not ideally suited to those travelling without a car.
- The nearest shop is approximately 1.5 miles away in the nearby village of Parwich (Tel: 01335 390212).
- There is very limited daily bus services, mainly into Ashbourne only, and the bus stop is outside the village Pub (The Sycamore Inn) which serves as the village shop too.
- The nearest railway station is Derby or Chesterfield both approximately 20 miles away. Taxis are usually available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- There nearest taxi service is Ashbourne Taxis (Tel: 01335 345198) which is 8 miles away..
- We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
- Our website www.uppermoorfarmcottages.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
- You can contact us by e-mail or telephone. Please see the “Contact Information” section of this document for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that our House-Keepers can welcome you and show you in.
- To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 4.30pm. Earlier arrival may, however, be possible by arrangement.
- There is ample parking on the tarmac drive in front of the main courtyard, with dawn to dusk security lighting.
- This is a sheltered enclosed area with two steps each 20cm high leading onto the gravelled and paved area prior to reaching the main entrances of both The Farmhouse and The Coach House
- The paths are 120cm wide and 20 metres long to the Farmhouse front door with an additional step of 14cm high half way along. The path is 10 metres long to the Coach House main entrance with a further two steps each being 20cm high.
Additional Rear Car Park
- There is ample parking on the tarmac or concrete surfaces.
- This is for access to Horseshoe Cottage or the rear of the Farmhouse property
- A sloping gravel pathway leads onto a gravel rear terrace and the main entrance to Horseshoe and the Farmhouse rear entrance doors.
Horseshoe Cottage Entrance
- There are no steps to the front door.
- From the additional rear car park there is a sloping gravel path 4.5 metres in distance to the main entrance.·
Ground Floor – Entrance Lobby, Cloakroom, Bedroom 3, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Sitting Room.
- The front door is 80cm wide and opens into the entrance lobby/utility storage area, which has a ceramic tiled floor.
- The cloakroom door is 66cm wide and consists of shower cubicle, wash basin and toilet, with ceramic tiled floor..
- Leading off the entrance lobby is Bedroom No. 3, the doorway is 74cm wide and no step. There is a wooden floor and two 3’ zip and link divan beds which can be either a King Size bed or 2 separate single beds.
- The Kitchen Entrance leads off the entrance lobby with one step 15cm high.
- The kitchen breakfast area is open plan with ceramic tiled floor.
- Stainless steel sink and worktops heights are 94cm in Kitchen with cupboards under.
- Evenly lit kitchen with recessed ceiling lights and spotlights under wall cupboards.
- Electric cooker and hob, with lowest shelf height 46 cm.
- Door 73cm wide leads into The Sitting Room which is fully carpeted.
- Open plan stairway with 11 stairs to the first floor, each step is 20cm high. The stairs are carpeted. There is no hand rail.
- Horseshoe Cottage is centrally heated throughout with LPG Gas radiators and a wood burner in the Sitting room..
- Large basket full of logs supplied complimentary.
First Floor 2 bedrooms, one family bathroom/ensuite to master bedroom. (Sleeps 6):
- The landing is fully carpeted and on the left is the family bathroom doorway is 66cm wide. Bathroom is fully tiled, complete with bath with a shower over.
- The master bedroom doorway is 66cm wide and contains a double wrought iron bed and is fully carpeted with two fitted wardrobes and bedside cabinets and a wooden chair..
- To the Right of the landing going down two steps the first 14cm drop and the 2nd 20cm drop leads to Bedroom 2 which is a twin bedded room. There is a dressing table and one chair.
- Bedroom temperatures can be individually adjusted on the LPG fired radiators.
- We provide a hair dryer, torch, and radio alarm..
- Our beds are made with hypo-allergenic microfiber duvets and pillows.
- We provide luxury white bathrobes for use during your stay.
- There is plenty of hanging space with each room having its own fitted wardrobe and 10 wooden coat hangers.
Garden and Terrace areas:
- Access to the garden is via the main kitchen door.
- A rear gravelled terrace is immediately outside the kitchen area with an oval wooden table and 6 garden chairs.
- There is a further raised gravelled terrace which is access via three steps and a narrow garden path.
There is no separate laundry but each Horseshoe Cottage has its own standard size washing/drying facilities, which is front loading, provided in the kitchen area.
Farm and Woodland:
- You are welcome to walk over the farm, please close any gate behind you. Some of the walking can be over steep terrain, but there is direct access from the farm to a footpath taking you into the village of Parwich, or alternatively to join Cobblersnook Lane which in turn joins up with the High Peak Trail.
- There is a fire blanket in the kitchen area of all our properties and smoke alarms on the landing and hallway of each.
- In the event of a fire the alarm will sound. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- The building can be evacuated via any of the exit doors..
- We do not permit any smoking in any of the holiday cottages, but feel free to smoke outside. Please refrain from throwing cigarette butts onto the garden or terraced areas.
- Mobile phone reception is usually good.
- Wi-Fi Access in all accommodation.
- Address: Uppermoor Farm, Parwich, Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 1QF
- Telephone number: is 01335 390781 ~ Jan Hammond.
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are open all year.
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.